Sunday, March 21, 2010

chapter 12

I strongly agree with that the technique should be related with the musicianship. Also, I think the technique and musicianship make the atmosphere of the piece and the sound. Actually, I am practicing Beethoven piano sonata Op. 31 No. 3 in Eb Major and it is very hard for me to make an appropriate sound of each movement. My professor recommend me to use the arm instead of the fingers and the arm, the elbow and the wrist should be connected together when I am playing. I think it is very important thing when we are playing the piano.

I was thinking about my technical problem after reading this chapter. I realized that I have two big problems. First, I mostly use the finger rather than the arm. Second, I unconsciously nod my head when I play the piano. I have tried to correct these problems, but it is still remained. I am just wondering if you have any solution or same experience like me.

2 comments:

  1. yes,how to use arm when we are playing the piano always puzzled me. Our professor always suggested me to use more arm to make different sounds. But, I am not very sure when and how much to use our arm. This is a question I should always consider in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't want to bob your head, you can put a mirror on the bench so you see yourself and stop doing it. I also find that video recording is very helpful. That way you recognize the problem, remember where it is and then consciously fix it. It's very enlightening when we watch ourselves.

    ReplyDelete