Monday, March 22, 2010

Mordern Technical Methods

The hand position on page 235 " "cropped" position with the bridge of the hand quite level with the wrist,…" I tried this hand position on the piano, I found the tone I made on this hand position is a little bit different from the position I get used to. Especially that I found I couldn't keep my wrist exact equal level with the bridge of the hand.  But I believe this position does help all five fingers of hand were equally well trained.

 

Mason's two finger exercise is a creative way for training each finger. These two finger exercises almost include every possibility of playing with two fingers. Before each exercise, it has a clear instruction about tempo, touch. It is good for student to practice. He mentioned three kinds of touch in his book and employed them in his two finger exercise.

 

From this time, pianists paid more attention to the arm participation. They began to think more efficient muscular coordination. Like Clara Schumann and Liszt's subtle arm pressure touch, muscular coordination has a profound influence on the development of modern piano technical methods.



使用新一代 Windows Live Messenger 轻松交流和共享! 立刻下载!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right. We have to pay attention to the arm participation. We also have to know the muscular coordination. But sometimes, it makes me very confused because I am not sure this arm position is right or wrong. I think I need to study more and more regarding which arm position makes the sound appropriately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we could mix and match hand positions, based on what sound we would like. Perhaps trying to keep the wrist level at all times would be detrimental to our hands' health, but if it gives a certain sound, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to use it in select instances.

    ReplyDelete