Saturday, April 3, 2010

The French School

I really agree with Marguerite Long about Faure. " the depth of sound in the suppleness of the attacks, the even lightness of the fingers (the famous gliding over the keyboard), the rapid, winged action which characterizes the technique of Faure" Frankly speaking, I never play the Faure's ketboard music, but I played approximately fifteen Faure's lied. I felt that first, it is a little bit difficult to read and harmonies of Faure's pieces were not harmonized with the melody reasonably and clearly. It is also difficult to make a sound such as dreaming and grey sounds. Marguerite suggests how we play the Faure's music using the unique sound of Faure. He emphasized that the fingers and arm which is realted with the pianistic technique. I will try to his suggestion above when I play the Faure's work and I belive it is really valuable guidence.

I was impressed about Marguerite Long's teaching. She emphasized the finger activity and she said the fingers have to move with the mind in motion. I usually move the fingers unconsciously when I practice playing the piano. But I realized that it is unuselness. I have to practice consciouly with thinking in order to improve my techniques even though I play just dotted rhythm scale and so on. Also, I am having a trouble that each finger is not even and each finger has each problem. But she said "five fingers should be thoroughly trained for vigor, elasticity, firmness, and independence so that each can overcome common obstacle." I think it is the fundamental stage of the piano technique. If we know each finger's characteristic and problem, we could overcome each's finger's problem. Moreover, we could play the piano very comfortable and confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment