Thursday, February 11, 2010

chapter 7&8

I was very impressed with the teaching attitude of Czerny. Actually Czerny said " I became familiar with the teaching method of this celebrated master and foremost pianist of his time, and I primarily owe it to this circumstance that later I was fortunate enough to train many important students to a degree of perfection for which they became world-famous." I think it is a right thought as a teacher. Actually Beethoven also taught Czerny enthusiastic and Czerny learned many technical fundamentals and musical ideas from Beethoven. So Czerny would like other students to hand the valuable teaching that he learned from his previous teacher and he discovered over. Nowadays, this attitude looks disappeared. Of course, there are many respected teachers. However, we who is going to be a teacher make an effort to not forget this attitude like Czerny.

I was interesting about fingering in chapter 8. Sometimes I was confused which finger I have to use in order to play easily and naturally. Especially, I have trouble with the end of phrase and exchanging between the right hand and left hand. There is no exact fingering number. I think the best fingering is the sound is agreeable by the ear and the performer feels easy and natural. It is still hard to find which fingering is best, but we have to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment