Monday, February 1, 2010

I have to say that reading this book has been actually enjoyable to me. It is easy to read and the main points that are being raised are often understandable for me. So far it has been really educational for me.
I wonder what C.P.E Bach and even Mozart would think of our modern day piano instruments. Would they have praises or complaints for it and pending that they did what would they be? If the piano as we know it today was know to them how would have it influenced there music and the composers to come. Would it all be quite different?
I have always know that Mozart was great but it still floors me when I read of how very superior his abilities were; his marked talent for artistic accomplishment. His I thought it was applicable in showing pianist how beneficial sight reading and improvising can be to bettering the skill of playing. One thing I found interesting was how Mozart stated "the most essential, the most difficult and the chief requisite in music, which is time" talking about rhythm. For some reason to read that a great pianist would consider time the hardest part about music surprised me. Also Mozart's teaching idea for Barbara Cannabich sounded like a great idea to me. Lock up all the music and only work on technical things scales, trills, mordants, etc. Something that I myself have never really experienced excepted in the case of scales. Yet, I think if more teachers put this into practice the music part would come easier. Learn the hard things about the music and then the music itself.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your opinion. We could play more complete music if we could previously learn the hard thing you mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete